What is AYY's WordPress Service?
AYY offers a WordPress service to associations in AYY’s association register.
This service includes a WordPress site with an <association>.ayy.fi domain or alternatively the association’s own domain.
The association is only responsible for the site’s content, and gets one account for managing it. AYY will handle technical and security maintenance for the site.
The site is technically a subsite of a WordPress multisite installation, with limited themes and plugins available.
User account and logging to management site
Associations will receive only one user account for their site. It’s highly recommended to use a generic contact email instead of a personal email for this account.
The management interface can be found by adding “/wp-admin” to your site address, with the base domain changed from “ayy” to “otax”. For example, if your site address is association.ayy.fi, your login address for the management interface is association.otax.fi/wp-admin
What WordPress themes are available?
Currently available themes are:
- Twenty Sixteen, the default WordPress theme.
- Divi by Elegant Themes, a highly customizable theme.
- More information about Divi can be found from Divi’s documentation.
If you want to use some other free theme, you may ask it from AYY’s IT support. Widely used themes with an active upkeep may be considered to be added to the theme selection.
What WordPress plugins are available?
There is a very limited amount of plugins available because of security considerations. Some additional plugins may be added to the selection if they are widely used and have regular security updates.
Currently available plugins are:
- WordPress Multilingual, a plugin that makes it easy to run multilingual sites
- Gravity Forms, a versatile plugin for building web forms
- Simple Calendar (free version), a plugin that allows you to show a Google calendar on your site
- Relevanssi, a feature-rich search plugin that can enchance the search experience of your site
- Dave’s WordPress Live Search, a plugin that shows the search results as the user is typing, compatible with Relevanssi