AYY offers some domain services for associations in AYY’s association register:
- You may have <association>.ayy.fi domain for your web pages in Otax or AYY’s WordPress service. <association> is usually association’s name or abbreviation.
- AYY offers the use of its name servers for custom domains. Custom domains may also be used with Otax or WordPress service. Custom domains may also be used with mailing lists.
- AYY also offers domain registrant services for .fi domains, as associations can no longer register .fi domains by themselves. Please note that this service is only available for official associations registered in to the Finnish Registry of Associations.
It’s possible to use AYY’s name servers for association’s own domains. Please note that we do not offer name servers for invidual people and domain must be registered for association.
AYY’s name servers are ns3.tky.fi and ns4.tky.fi. Please contact AYY’s IT support before pointing anything to those name servers. We need to configure them beforehand.
Also note that changes may sometimes take multiple work days.
From 5.9.2016, .fi domain names and the services associated with them can only be obtained through domain name providers. AYY is acting from the date in question as a domain name provider for registered associations in AYY’s association register.
After this, associations can carry out the following services through AYY:
- registration of a .fi domain name for the use of the association
- renewing the validity of the domain name of the association
- transferring the domain name of the association to another user
- changing the provider of the association’s domain name
- cancelling the domain name of the association
If your association already has a .fi domain name, you will already have received mail about the reform from the Finnish Communications Regulatory Authority. From 5.9. onwards, you will need a domain name provider in order to be able to update the details of the domain name or to renew its period of validity. In that case, it is advisable to connect the address to the administration of the provider well before September.
Transferring .fi domain to AYY's administration
You can transfer the domain name to the administration of AYY by supplying the details of the domain name and the authorisation key to AYY at https://lomake.ayy.fi/it/siirto/?lang=en. Ownership of the domain name does not change.
Please not that .fi domain services are only available for domains which are owned by registered associations in AYY’s association register.
You can get further information from AYY’s IT Support.
Registering a new .fi domain
Who can apply for a .fi domain name through AYY?
Associations entered in the Finnish Register of Associations may apply for new .fi domains through AYY. AYY does not register domains for invidual people.
What .fi domains can we register?
According to the Act on Domain Names, the applicant is responsible for ensuring that the domain name is not wrongfully based on the registered name or trademark of another party. In the application form, the applicant must certify that the domain name is not a registered name or trademark that belongs to another party.
Check registered names and trademarks from the registers mentioned below.
- Finnish Trade Register
- Finnish Register of Associations
- Finnish Register of Foundations
- Finnish Trademark Register
- EU Trademark Register
What name servers will be used?
AYY’s name servers will be used for domains registered through AYY.
What do .fi domain names cost?
A new domain name or renewal of previous domain name costs 14 €/1 year, 23 €/2 year, 32 €/3 years, 41 €/4 years or 50 €/5 years.
The bill for a domain name is sent to the association by email, to address that association has reported to AYY in an annual association notice.
How do we apply .fi domain through AYY?
You can apply new .fi domain with following web form. This form requires you to identify yourself by logging in with your Aalto-account.
Form: https://lomake.ayy.fi/it/secure/verkkotunnuksen-hakeminen/ (form is currently only in Finnish)
Updating domain's contact information
If your association’s domain is already in AYY’s administration, you can update it’s contact information with following web form. This form requires you to identify yourself by logging in with your Aalto-account.
Form: https://lomake.ayy.fi/it/secure/verkkotunnuksen-yhteystietojen-paivitys/ (form is currently only in Finnish)
Transferring domain and other requests
If you want to transfer your domain to 3rd party or have some other requets, please use our generic request form. This form requires you to identify yourself by logging in with your Aalto-account.